The Great Blizzard of Tomorrow and Wednesday — hyped on radio and TV with end-of-the-world superlatives, e.g., "It will impact 100 million people!!" — is predicted to pass well south of the northern Lower Peninsula. But just in case the storm hangs a left and heads our way over the next 24 hours, I drove to Petoskey today to see if I could pick up a few remaining light fixtures. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? It's a pleasant 90 minute drive from Presque Isle, and Petoskey is a pretty town, so I did not regret the time and effort.
Noon found me at All-Phase Electrical in the midst of their semiannual 50% Off sale. That was encouraging! Believe me, you can spend a small fortune — or a rather large one — on light fixtures. My basic requirements were 1) cheap, and 2) in stock. I have other fixtures on order at the Lighting Corner in Grand Haven, so my goal today was to ensure that all remaining fixtures are available when the electrician returns to finish his work. Happily, I was able to buy everything I needed (at 50% off... did I mention that already?) and everything met the requirements noted above.
Cousin Sue in Wisconsin and friend Mike in Farmington both commented on the sconces, so here are a couple more.
 |
Sconces for the dining area, with "faux alabaster" glass.
A pendant light with the same glass will hang over the dining table. |
 |
These sconces in the master bedroom will match the fixture
over the sink in the master bath. |
I thought I'd ordered all the fixtures I needed months ago. Then, yesterday, I wandered around the house looking at exposed wires or porcelain fixtures with naked light bulbs dangling from the ceiling, and it was clear I'd shorted myself. In any case, I hope this is the end of it.
 |
Look carefully at the master bath ceiling,
and you'll see a naked light bulb, pleading to be replaced. |
Along with the cabinetry, I now have a medicine chest in the half-bath. The photo below was shot yesterday. I couldn't enter this area today, because Kyle and Dave have tiled a good portion of the half-bath and mud room. The floor has to cure. I'll have photos of that work tomorrow.
 |
| "Self Portrait with Switches, Outlets, and Medicine Chest." |
Finally, Dave put up the bird feeders today. I watched for awhile, but the birds have not yet discovered the new Lake Esau Deli. •••
No comments:
Post a Comment