Thursday, January 20, 2011

More Trim

I arrived at the house this morning to find Dave standing in the bathtub!  He was working on the extension jamb for the master bath window, placing shims to properly position the boards around the window.  Meanwhile, Kyle was busy cutting stock for the extension jambs for the other upstairs windows.

Dave installs a shim on the master bathroom window.
The extension jamb, shimmed and nailed, is ready for its trim.
Extension jamb stock is ready for installation on the
master bedroom west window.
I distributed light fixtures to various rooms and marked the boxes so that the electrician will know where to install the various fixtures.  As I counted fixtures I realized that I need to purchase a couple more — overhead lights for the mud room and a light for the stairway landing.  Somehow these got overlooked when I placed my order.

Light fixtures are ready for installation, too.
 Kyle and Dave are moving into new digs this week.  The cottage on Grand Lake has been sold and the new owner wants to close it down for the winter.  They will now be staying in a cabin at Fireside Lodge.  I hope it's warm.  The temperatures up here are falling through the floor this evening!  Burrr! •••

No comments:

Post a Comment