Sunday, January 23, 2011

End of the Trim

As of this afternoon most of the trim work had been completed.  The windows on both floors are finished, as are the interior doors.  The exterior doors will be trimmed later.  By tomorrow morning the house should be ready for the painters, who will stain any unstained wood and then paint the walls.

The west window in the master bedroom.
The west window in the ground floor guest bedroom.
And the west window in the living room.  All finished!
As I was about to leave, Kyle was putting together the jamb for the closet in the ground floor bedroom.  This closet will get bifold doors.

Kyle nails together the jamb for the guest bedroom closet...
...then faces the jamb with trim boards...
...and finally nails the finished jamb into place,
making sure it's level.
We've had a fair amount of snow this week — perhaps a foot.  Today Mike, who plows my driveway, arrived while we were there and could move all the vehicles to the street.  Mike plowed open the entire drive, including the back-up area.  However, I've found that my Scion gets hung up at the driveway entrance, where the county plow deposits all the snow from Kauffman Blvd.  This week I'll treat the Scion to new tires.  Hopefully that will give me better traction.

Note the snow atop the south roof.  To get this photo, I had
to peel back the window film.  As noted, this is a high crime
and misdemeanor — says so on the label.  Don't tell anyone.
Kyle and Dave are heading south tomorrow, as am I.  They will return Wednesday and plow ahead with the next tasks. •••

No comments:

Post a Comment