This past week I finally got internet service here at home. The folks from Excede are serving as my provider, by means of a satellite dish mounted on the south wing of the house. Their market is rural America. I guess I qualify.
 |
| The satellite dish is right outside my office window. |
This does nothing for the appearance of the house. A satellite dish is an ugly affair, no matter what direction you aim it. But there's already a DirecTV dish on the garage roof, so I suppose a second dish can be tolerated. And in time I'll simply forget it's there and hardly see it at all — as when one lives near the railroad tracks but hardly ever remarks the passing of a train.
Internet at home is much more convenient. I no longer have to drive over to the Presque Isle Harbor Association Clubhouse to get online, in rain or pelting snow. But, of course, this is rather more expensive, since the Clubhouse service was free. •••
I like the dish better than the snake in you last post!!
ReplyDeleteThe dish's bite is just financial!
ReplyDeleteIt's only money!
ReplyDeleteNow it's clear how underpowered my Mac Mini vintage 2007 is. I have 1GHz of memory. And just about everything can max it out. So I guess I'm going to get a new computer in the next few days.
ReplyDelete