Although I have a lot of furniture in storage, I will have to purchase some pieces to furnish the house. For example, most of the living room seating I used in Detroit was worn out and not worth keeping. It went to the street as I moved. I also have two four-poster beds once used by my parents. They are extra-long twins and will require extra-long mattress sets (or perhaps even custom-made sets). It has been years since I've seen this stuff. Once I unpack, I'll have a better idea what has to be added.
One purchase is already certain. The kitchen island will have a counter overhang which is normally fitted out with a couple stools. Knowing this, a few weeks ago I finally dropped by the Holland Bar Stool Co. on US-31 north of Holland. I had noted their factory outlet over the past couple years; after all, it's not every town that can boast a bar stool manufacturing facility! If you live in the area and haven't been inside, you should treat yourself. They have more stools than you can shake a table base at. A couple styles caught my eye:
They also have outdoor furniture. And knowing how passionate Tri-Cities people are about hockey, you should be aware that Holland Bar Stool Co. offers a complete line of "man cave" options for diehard Red Wings fans. "Be the first on your block...."
HBS Co. also has a seconds section for items which got scraped or dented on their way to the loading dock. Prices are attractive. If you decide to take a look, the driveway entrance is behind the factory and store. From Grand Haven, turn right on Quincy (north of the building) and then left on Corporate Circle. •••
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Heavens! I hope HBS Co. will appreciate your accolades. You deserve a commission for this one (LOL)
ReplyDeleteI suppose I'm shamelessly promoting their goods. But it's an interesting place, business, and product line. And I think their stuff is made on-shore. That alone warrants a nod.
ReplyDelete