Actually, I was not sure if I would be able to drive to the house this morning. Overnight we had about six inches of snow pushed around by a high wind. At mid-morning the main roads, e.g., US-23 and Grand Lake Rd., had been plowed at least once, but the side roads were untouched. However, trusting in my new tires, I slogged down Kauffman Blvd. and parked in the entrance to the driveway. "If I get stuck," I told myself, "better here, close to the road, than up near the house." I'll be interested to see if Mike, the plow guy, does my driveway this time. He didn't show during the last heavy snow, but perhaps he was out of town.
Inside, I found that Kyle and Dave have been working like beavers! The bookcases in the upstairs guest bedroom are all-but-complete, while the others are in various stages of construction. During my visit Kyle was cutting and sanding wood for the cases, while Dave was putting the cases together.
| The dining area bookcase, under construction. Note the pendant lamp (more on this tomorrow). |
| Dave nails together the "hat" for one of the stairwell bookcases. |
| Two bookcases in the upstairs guest bedroom offer visual interest to this room, and something for a sleepless guest to read! |
| These two bookcases in the office match those in the guest bedroom. |
| Kyle sands wood needed to build one of the bookcases... |
| ... while Dave tries to build a bookcase which is partially blocked by the staircase — not an easy chore, to be sure! |
The electrician was here Wednesday and Thursday to complete his work. This included installing all the light fixtures, exterior outlets, interior outlets, dimmers, etc. They also wired the island counter, which will have a secondary sink, dishwasher, and microwave. I'm glad to have the cabinet bases for the island in place. Now the full dimensions of the kitchen are becoming more evident.
| An island has floated into the kitchen! |
| His back to the island, Kyle cuts a piece of bookcase wood. |
| The island will visually separate the kitchen from the living room. |
More on electrical tomorrow. •••
No comments:
Post a Comment