I talked with Dave a few minutes ago and got an update on the house. Kyle finished installing the white oak in the living room, dining area, kitchen, traffic corridor, and the two stairwell landings. Dave reports that, in the end, out of that large pile of milled wood, they had just three boards left over! Most likely the ground floor bedroom will be carpeted.
Meanwhile, Dave has grouted the master bath upstairs, and now is doing trim work in the mud room, laundry, and half-bath. When that is finished, he will grout the mud room/laundry/half-bath, as well as the entry and stove hearth in the living room.
Dave and Kyle have also been running water from the well into the sump. Once the well has been purged, I can take water samples for the Health Department — they have to certify the water as potable — and the plumber can take samples to determine what filtration system is needed. The plumber is coming Wednesday.
Attila may take a couple photos of the wood flooring this afternoon and e-mail them to me. If so, I'll post them this evening.
Meanwhile, I sip my chicken-and-lime concoction and wonder: If there is life on other planets in our galaxy, do they get head colds too? •••
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment