Wednesday, December 29, 2010

More Wallboard

Here are a few more photos of drywall work in the house.  These were taken yesterday.  I expect that all, or almost all, drywall will be hung by the end of this week.

The ground floor traffic corridor.  The steel beam hangs
below the ceiling, and the block wall will be covered.
A laminated wood beam supporting the staircase also hangs
below the ceiling.  How we'll finish it is under discussion.
With the skylight and windows, my stairwell will be
bright and cheery.  Natural light avoids using electricity.
Seen from the master bedroom, the run of stovepipe on the
second floor is about to be concealed within the wall.
Water resistant drywall has been hung
in the master bath.
In the master bath (seen from the guest bedroom)
a short wall at the tub's end will be tiled.
Next week the crew will mud and sand the drywall.  I'll also put some paint on the walls to be sure the colors I've selected are suitable. •••

No comments:

Post a Comment