Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ready to Insulate

The Building Inspector gave his OK yesterday.  Dave tells me the insulation process will start early this week, probably Monday, and take about three days.  I won't be able to enter the building while this is going on, so I won't have much to blog about.  Sorry.  However, this is a little like what will be happening.

As the foam is sprayed on, it starts to expand. 
It expands beyond the joists and studs,
and then hardens.
The next day it's trimmed.
Once the foam has been trimmed, we'll be ready for drywalling.  With a drywall crew of three, this should go pretty quickly.

On Wednesday I completed purchase of the appliances, so all of this stuff will be ready for delivery once the cabinetry is in place.  Yesterday I picked up two quarts of paint to test colors once the drywall has been hung (pale brown downstairs, pale blue in the bedrooms).  We've also ordered the interior doors.  It's a long story, but my choice was a "Shaker" style door instead of the flat door I'd originally agreed to.  Getting the doors in pine would have meant a five-week delay, so I opted oak instead and picked up a hefty up-charge.  In turn, this caused us to switch from pine trim to oak, which occasioned another hefty up-charge.  I feel like a drunken sailor on shore leave. •••

No comments:

Post a Comment