As my daylilies wind down for the year, I've noted how difficult it is to capture in a photo the color I see with my eyes. A lot depends on the light when I'm shooting. Color is often less vibrant when it is overcast or the blossom is in light shade. In direct sun some flowers can appear altogether different.
 |
Molten Maiden in my garden yesterday, with overcast skies. Red tones predominate. |
 |
| A more orange Molten Maiden in a catalog photo. |
Catalog photos also look different from what I see in my garden. Again, it may be the light at the time the two photos were taken.
 |
| Lucifer's Fire on Thursday, under bright overcast skies. |
 |
And a catalog photo of a more pink-orange Lucifer's Fire,
with a larger yellow-green throat. Go figure! |
Photographing flowers is a more complicated task than I realized. •••
No comments:
Post a Comment