All my travels earlier this year put me weeks behind on yard work. Now that the garden has been at least partially subdued, and the rocks raked aside, and some of the weeds pulled, it's time to get serious about firewood. My woodpile sits there, mocking me, and the heating season is less than ten weeks away!
 |
| The woodpile last week. |
 |
| Splitting means getting up close and personal with my wood. |
I also want to make a trip to the U.P. — Michigan's Upper Peninsula to the uninitiated. I haven't crossed the Mackinac Bridge since my siblings and I visited my late Aunt in Wisconsin and then buried my Mother's ashes at the cemetery near Chicago. The years go so quickly! It's time to explore some Michigan roads less traveled.
 |
| Self-portrait in August 2013. |
If I put up a couple cords of wood, perhaps I'll feel "authorized" to take time away from the house as the leaves begin to change. •••
Oh, go ahead! You have my permission.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Fr. Brother! I suspect I'd do it even without your permission!
ReplyDelete