![]() |
| Dwaft Alberta Spruce |
The Dwarf Alberta Spruce is strongly conical. Because it is very slow growing, adding only a couple inches each year, it would take 20 or more years to reach its maximum height of 6 feet, and in time will it fill, but not dominate, this space.
Centered below the dining room windows will be a tree-form hydrangea, with ferns behind and shade-tolerant perennials in front. This will provide a vertical element, as well as color. You control the height by judicious pruning. Over the next few years the crown should spread, giving a good display of bloom.
![]() |
| Tree Hydrangea |
One other front-side landscaping chore demands my attention, but I'll likely wait until next year. I have to plant something over my septic field, which at present offers a lush display of milkweed. Dennis recommends ornamental grasses, since these will not interfere with the drainage.
Dennis will deliver the plants in about a week, and we will work out exactly where to place them. Meanwhile, as time permits, I continue to spade up the future perennial border on the lake side. •••


No comments:
Post a Comment