Today in this little acre of God's Country it is chilly, rainy, and very blustery. The temperature at Noon is 45 degrees, and may yet creep up to the higher 40s. Rain showers are coming in waves. The wind is blowing at 20-30 mph, with gusts up to 50 mph — gale force — predicted for this afternoon. With such high winds we may have limbs and trees down, roads blocked, and perhaps even some power interruptions.
This morning CNN's weather person was predicting waves on the Great Lakes of 14 feet, and perhaps as much as 18 feet. Clearly, it's not a day for boating.
On a happier note, I'm not worried about my newly-planted plants getting enough water — Ma Nature will provide rain throughout the week! For that reason I don't expect to spend much time working outdoors! But there's a price: the wind is stripping away quite a few of the leaves which have made this area so colorful this past week.
One year ago — Oct. 15, 2010 — my house was roofed.
 |
| 10/15/10 — Roofing the house. |
I supply at Grace, Long Rapids, tomorrow. My sermon will be a little rant about rendering unto Caesar the things which belong to Caesar. Somehow, I don't think our Lord had a 9-9-9 plan in mind when he said that. •••
No comments:
Post a Comment