Friday, October 21, 2011

High Wind

Last night I shared the monthly pot luck at the Association clubhouse.  The groaning board was definitely moaning.  Someone brought a winter squash dish which was, for me, the star attraction.  My own contribution was just my presence.  I'd completely forgotten about the pot luck until Don, a retired Ferris State professor, called and reminded me.  (Oh, how I miss Cindi's constant — and I mean, constant — reminders of what I should be doing five minutes hence.)

Diners work the "yum line" at the Association pot luck.
Judy and Don, fresh from a cross-country train trip to visit
grandchildren in Chicago and Colorado, shared dinner with us.
Sharon, Attila, and Dave traded information about the
previous night's storm which dumped 3.5 inches of rain.
I mentioned high winds in yesterday's post.  More information came with dinner.  First, according to TV reports, about 2:00 a.m. yesterday the wind speed at the New Lighthouse was clocked at 63 mph.  We had several trees down on Kauffman Blvd., including one large cedar on my next door neighbor's property.  As it fell it grazed, but didn't take out, the power line which runs down the east side of Lake Esau.  Second, one of the property owners reported that as of dinnertime, his rain gauge had measured 3.5 inches of precipitation over the previous 24 hours.  Ma Nature is on a roll up here! •••

No comments:

Post a Comment