Tomorrow I head for Detroit to take care of the second phase of my move north. I've reserved a 17-foot U-Haul truck. We (Jon, John, Mike, Dan, and Z) will pack on Saturday afternoon. So many hands should make short work of this task. I'll leave the truck overnight at the storage facility in Ferndale, and then drive north on Sunday. Jon will follow in my car. Since Helen has chaplain duty at Children's Hospital over the weekend, she will drive up on Monday. That's Memorial Day, of course, but most traffic that day should be downhill, i.e., southbound.
I expect we'll unload Sunday evening or Monday morning, and then I'll turn in the truck Monday afternoon at Northern Tool in Alpena. Phill and Brad have expressed interest in helping unload. God willing, we won't have rain, the truck will be up to the challenge, and I won't drive myself and my belongings into a ditch.
Yesterday the furniture store in Alpena delivered my sofa, chair, and mattress for the guest bedroom upstairs. I'm ready to entertain my first house guests! •••
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment