Monday, April 11, 2011

Stairs

Mark and Jason arrived at 9:00 this morning to sand and polyurethane the stairs.  They were to do the first two of three coats today, and the final coat tomorrow.  They are also sealing the "picture frame" at the stove hearth and the oak boards to which coat hangers are attached in the entry, mud room and guest bedroom upstairs.

Jason starts sanding the staircase.
This morning I got several boxes of kitchen stuff unpacked and started running it through the dishwasher.  My new dishwasher is remarkably quiet.  I grew up in the days when dishwashers sounded like cement mixers.  Even the unit at the Grand Haven apartment was rather noisy, but this Kenmore DW is stealthy!

This evening I'm off to the township board meeting at the Presque Isle Township Hall.  It has been several months since I've been able to attend, and I'll be curious to see what's going on. •••

No comments:

Post a Comment