The basement is largely dust-free now. Doug, Hap's associate, came over this morning to pick up some oak boards which they may be able to use. The rest of that pile will go outside, probably to be burned in a fire pit. I've swept up most of the sawdust, and vacuumed up what I couldn't sweep. Now Mark and Jason can finish the stairs without stirring up construction residue. While I was down in the basement, Donna was upstairs doing a detailed cleaning of the second floor. She is clearly much better at this than I am!
 |
| Shelving in the south (mechanical) wing of the basement... |
 |
| ...and in the north wing, with the wire shelf. |
One thing I really wanted in the house was storage shelving in the basement. Hap and Doug built the shelves above a couple days after Kyle and Dave headed home. They line the walls in both "wings" of the basement. On the north side, there is also a wire shelf which will hold out-of-season clothing and my vestments. Although this is a block basement, I don't expect to be troubled by funky basement odors. The house sits nearly ten feet above the water table, and the surrounding soil is sand-and-rock. But just to be sure, I'll bag all the clothing. In any case, I have plenty of storage for boxes of stuff I can't use upstairs. •••
No comments:
Post a Comment