Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring Storm

A spring snowstorm plowed through upper Michigan Tuesday night.  Whatever angels are in charge of steering storms spared Presque Isle; we picked up only 2-3 inches.  However, about 30 miles west of Alpena, the town of Atlanta got at least a foot.  A heavy, wet snow, it brought down quite a few trees and power lines.  Like most spring storms, the fallout should melt away pretty quickly, leaving mud in its wake.

The snow was rapidly melting this morning.
My woodpile — Presque Isle was largely spared by
this April storm.  But we could get a May storm, too!
The settling-in process continues.  I've collapsed most of the empty boxes and stashed them in the basement.  Next on my list is the walk-in closet, and then the office.  Today I want to set up the desktop computer so I can crank out a bulletin for the Great Vigil at Grace, Long Rapids, on Saturday.  And tomorrow DirecTV comes to install their satellite dish.  I want to see The Wedding (for purely professional interest, of course) and be ready a couple days later to view the NatGeoTV program on the Great Wall.  It's interesting to note how out-of-touch-with-the-world I feel without ready access to television, at least a couple hours a day. •••

No comments:

Post a Comment