Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Propane

The company which supplies propane called me yesterday morning to ask if I needed a delivery.  I suppose they had to make a run out here to Presque Isle and wanted to avoid multiple trips.  With gas prices going through the roof, that's understandable.

While he was on the phone I walked outside, checked the tank, and told him that it's a bit over 60% at the moment (they want to refill it at or above 30%).  That brought a curious response.  "Oh, you must be heating with wood," the guy said.  I said no, I haven't had time to fire up the stove yet, but tend to keep the house on the cool side.  What's happening, in fact, is that the house is demonstrating — again! — that it is quite well insulated.  In addition, I'm just one person, not a family of four.  The less fuel I use, the better, because propane prices are going up along with gas, diesel, and everything else petroleum-based. •••

1 comment:

  1. Television, propane, new house noises......it sounds like you are home at last! Congratulations and all the best. I hope your Easter was lovely. After many, many services and attendance at church as often as I ever remember during Holy Week, I was pretty wiped out Monday, but happy that everything went well. We had bells, brass, and choir with lots of joyous music and all went well for both services!

    ReplyDelete