Yesterday afternoon, as I was getting ready to fix dinner, I looked out the window and saw a deer nosing around in the snow, looking for something to eat. A photo op! When I returned with my camera, I found that the deer was not alone. Three more were walking along the drop-off to the lake. Notice how their coloring blends with the surrounding landscape.
 |
| My passersby. The fourth deer is at the left, down-slope. |
 |
| One of the deer checks out the photographer. |
 |
| My visitors, just before they ran off. |
They must have noticed movement in the window, because from time to time the herd would stop and stare at the house. But apparently this did not worry them, because after a minute or two they resumed foraging. Then something outdoors spooked them and my deer friends bounded off into the woods. •••
No comments:
Post a Comment