![]() |
| Will Barack Obama send in the black helicopters to confiscate your hammer? |
Naturally, I checked Rep. Benishek's facts, and naturally, I found them wanting. Doing so was impossibly easy. A quick trip to the FBI's web site and its uniform crime statistics page was all it took. It's unfortunate that Dr. Dan (he's a retired surgeon) or his staff didn't do a similar online check before our congressman shot off (or should I say, hammered off) his mouth in public.
If you are a congressman trying to dazzle the voters and justify your $174,000 annual salary for which you work about 125 days a year, then maybe the good Doctor ought to set his bar a little higher. Sloppy doesn't impress. And Dan Benishek is sloppy.
In a fine snit, I fired off a letter to the editor of the Alpena News, which appeared in today's edition. You can read it here. A reader from Alpena also expressed herself on Rep. Benishek's statement, observing, "Guns killed more than 17 times more people than hammers [in 2011] and are responsible for nearly 70 percent of total murders. There's a reason you don't hear about mass hammering sprees." •••

No comments:
Post a Comment