Saturday, March 23, 2013

Confession

It appears I told a lie.  Mea culpa.  I should go to confession!

(Wikimedia image)
The BBC iPlayer link I provided in my last post is playable only in the UK.  I suppose there are weighty legal reasons for this restriction.  However, I wonder why BBC would let U.S. viewers see their coverage of the enthronement via live streaming video on Thursday, and then refuse to let you see it again on Friday.  Perhaps after a few hours the enthronement of an archbishop becomes a state secret.

Nevertheless, you can find licit video on YouTube.  Go to YouTube and enter "Archbishop of Canterbury Enthronement" in the search box.  You will find a lengthy (but far from complete) version of the service, along with brief comments by the Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church and other worthies.

That will teach me to test my links before hanging them on the blog.

I just noticed that a few days ago my brother Bob posted a wan "Happy Spring" message on his Facebook page, noting that it was snowing in Cleveland.  Then the picture on Joanie's Facebook post caught my eye.  This image is from 105.3 HOT FM in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Another balmy spring day in Michigan!
Eat your heart out, Florida!
This is a different kind of March Madness. •••

1 comment:

  1. Love your mea culpa....I wish mine were as harmless as yours are~ and the Grand Rapids photo is pretty much how it's been around here all winter.....we are all very ready for warmth and sunshine~Happy Easter, John~

    ReplyDelete