We're still in the dark. This morning Presque Isle Electric told one of my neighbors that they hope to restore power today... but no promises.
As of this morning PIE+G indicated on their web site that they still had over 5,000 customers without power. Outside crews have come in to help. However, a lot of these customers are in the woods and truck access is difficult. My neighbor Floyd checked the power line run through Camp Chickagami, found where a tree had fallen against the lines, and told PIE+G exactly where the problem can be found. The fix would take just a few minutes. However, we are many miles away from where most of the outages are, and I expect we will be among the last to get our power back.
I confess I'm bored. There's not much to do at home except stoke the stove and read. TV would help pass the time! Other houses on my road are powering with generators, but thus far I've resisted this alternative. I'm not excited about spending so much for equipment and electrical modifications, just to deal with a circumstance which may occur only once every 3-4 years.
Merry Christmas, one and all! •••
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment