NOAA is forecasting some nasty weather for northern Michigan over the next three days. Light snow should begin moving into the area tonight. Then, a winter storm warning will be in effect starting tomorrow at 7:00 a.m., continuing until 7:00 p.m. Friday. We expect about five inches of snow from this storm — the first big fall of the year. However, that's only half of what Omaha, NB, may see.
 |
| (NOAA map) |
The large storm now moving out in the Rockies will track across the Plains today and into Michigan tomorrow. Traverse City and the whole Grand Traverse Bay neighborhood should get the worst of this. But the Huron shore will also take a hit. Slick roads and treacherous driving conditions are expected, along with gale force winds, possible power outages, and all the other joys of winter storms. At least I won't be out on Lake Huron. Waves up to 16 feet are expected mid-lake!
So, today I'll run any errands that need tending to... top off the wood supply at the front door... cook up a pot of black bean soup... and plan to stay put tomorrow and Friday unless some emergency arises. I'm looking forward to it! It's for events like this that I moved north! •••
See! Mother Nature provided you with something to blog about. I knew she wouldn't let you down.
ReplyDeleteMom N. is always entertaining!
ReplyDelete