It's getting cold up here! The temperature tonight, and again on Wednesday, is predicted to be in the high teens, and we'll have lows in the lower 20s the rest of the week. My wood stove is very helpful.
This morning about 6:00 I stepped out onto my front porch to fetch some wood for the stove. An odd noise made me look down the driveway. There,
flying directly at me, and no more than 25 feet above the ground, was a bald eagle. He made a distinct grunting sound on each downstroke of his wings. As he got nearer he angled upward and sailed over the house.
 |
| (Wikimedia Photo) |
Wow! It took me a minute or two to still my heart! This is the second up-close-and-personal encounter I've had with a bald eagle on my property. The first was behind the house, and that time the bird flew away from me. This time he was flying right
toward me! (I say
he because this was not a very large bird, judging by the wingspan. Males and females have the same brown-and-white plumage, but females are about 25% larger.) I assume he was out and about, looking for breakfast. I'm glad he likes fish better than retired clergy! •••
No comments:
Post a Comment