Thursday, July 7, 2011

Propane Shift

My propane tank was moved to its permanent perch this morning.  Glen rolled in at 9:00 and promptly got to work.  Two and half hours later the tank had been moved, the new line was buried, the pressure was checked, and he was on his way back to Alpena.

Just after the tank had been moved, Presque Isle Electric and Gas showed up to mark their buried electrical line.  Frontier will be coming along (finally!) to bury my phone line, and we don't want them to cut the power line — as they did at Sharon and Attila's house several years ago.

Glen first unloaded his trenching machine.  It's like a
chain saw with an attitude.
Next he disconnected the gas line and hooked chains to the tank.
A few minutes later he maneuvered the tank into its new
location down the driveway.
As he was stowing the crane arm, PIE (red truck) arrived
to mark the power line's route under the driveway.
Before long, the trench was dug and a new line was run
and buried out of harm's way.
In its new location the tank will be much more accessible for filling in winter.  (I trust I won't be using much propane, because it's really expensive!)  It's also out of the way of the woodpile.  On Saturday I have a couple guys coming in with a log splitter.  I'll finally get that pile of logs under control! •••

No comments:

Post a Comment