I've been debating what to do with this blog, now that construction is finished... well, save for a few details. The goal for the blog was to keep family and friends up-to-date on the project, and it turned out to be more popular than I ever expected. On the day we closed, the loan officer at the bank told me that the underwriter — who could give thumbs-up or thumbs-down on my mortgage — was checking the blog frequently!
Now I am at something of a loss to know where the blog should go, if anywhere. Joanie suggested that I focus on interesting places in Northeastern Michigan... which would be a good excuse to get out of the house and go exploring. Mike suggested that I give myself permission not to post on a regular basis. My own sense is that no one wants to hear that I've opened yet another box of junk collected over the past 30 years.
So, I hereby solicit some feedback from my faithful readers. "Faithful" translates into nearly 8,000 hits since I started keeping track several months after I started blogging! Remember that song, The Gambler, which counsels us, "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run...."? Should I continue the blog, or fold it, walk away, run away!? If I continue, what might you want to read about here? Hit the comment link, if you wish; or e-mail me. •••
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In my humble opinion, I would think that between the adventures of owning a newly built home, the glories of Northern Michigan, and God's never-ending call to ministry... this blog could easily continue to provide both inspiration and entertainment!
ReplyDeleteJared, thank you for the affirmation! I trust the Spirit was present in gale force at St. John's last Sunday. I've told friends here that my next trip to your area of the state ought to coincide with the blueberry crop... but before then I should acquire a freezer. Warmly, John
ReplyDelete