Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Busy Bird

I'm at the clubhouse, and a storm just moved through.  Did I close the window in the bedroom?!  Not having an internet connection at the house is a pain in the neck.

Yesterday morning I found several small branches on the porch.  My first assumption was that the thunderstorm which moved through overnight had blown around some debris.  I swept off the porch and went inside.  A half-hour later the porch was again littered with debris.  At that point I realized a robin was determined to build her nest on top of one of my porch lights.  Hoping to discourage her, I swept off the twigs again... and half-hour later they were all back in place!  So I decided to bar her way with a paper cone.  That seemed to cool her ardor.  However, this morning I realized that Mrs. Robin has moved her building project to a corner of the roof near the upstairs guest bedroom.  This time I will just give in.  Persistence pays.

My low tech bird discourager.
Mrs. Robin is starting the foundation work.
Speaking of wildlife, Sharon and Attila were over for dinner last night.  They report that a bear has been sighted on South Albany Point, which is on Lake Huron just a half-mile south of my home.  Cougar.  Bear.  I live in an interesting place! •••

No comments:

Post a Comment