Friday, November 19, 2010

A Driveway!

This morning I took Don for a tour of the house.  It was good to have some time with him.  His wife Dianne passed away last month after a long illness.  He and I found the work site humming with activity.  R.J. was here yesterday to add some topsoil around the house and spread crushed limestone for the driveway.  Hap and Doug were here, too, and finished up siding the garage.  This morning they started work on siding the house.

The garage is finished!  It looks great!
You can see the results of R.J.'s work yesterday.  I'm really
glad to have the driveway in place before it starts snowing.
Hap, Kyle and Doug discuss siding the north side of the house.
I'm thinking about adding a deck on the south side.  That project might follow next spring, or perhaps a couple years from now.  In any case, we decided to add the board that attaches the deck to the house before we side.  That will save work later on.

Inside, Kyle and Dave have completed roughing in the basement stairway and the center wall which will support both this and the stairway to the second floor.  They've also roughed in the wall at the end of the bathtub on the second floor.

The stairs to the basement...
...and to the second floor.  Note the new center wall.
While work continues in Presque Isle, I'm in Alpena getting ready to move into the Rectory at Trinity Episcopal Church. •••

No comments:

Post a Comment