This morning the house site is quiet. Kyle and Dave have gone back to Grand Haven, and Hap and Doug are off for the weekend. I drove in and parked in front of the garage for the first time. Normally the driveway is crowded with vehicles and trailers, so I park on the road. But today I acted as if I owned the place!
 |
| My new driveway needs packing down! |
Hap and Doug have made progress on the front of the house. They will be back Monday. That's when the rest of the windows will be delivered and installed. When the finish this east side, they can continue siding around on the south, west, and north.
 |
| I have a strip of topsoil between the garage and house. |
Yesterday Doug and Kyle were completing work on the facia — the vertical surface which caps the rafters on the exterior of the house. This will allow the siding guys to cover the facia and the soffit (eave) below it with white aluminum. Details like this are crucial to the appearance of the finished house.
 |
The facia at the corner of the service porch roof. The eaves
will be enclosed with perforated aluminum. |
Speaking of details, here are two — the wall at the end of the tub in the master bath, and the "bones" of the walk-in closet, also part of the master bath.
 |
The tub sits on a bed of mortar, so the bottom won't flex.
This low wall will finish the open end. |
 |
| The entrance to the walk-in closet is actually in the bathroom. |
Tomorrow my architect will visit the work site. Bob has been checking the blog occasionally, but this will be his first look at the house "in the flesh." •••
No comments:
Post a Comment