It's a rainy day in Alpena. I visited Ricco at East Tawas yesterday afternoon, and then spent the night at the Bambi Motel in Tawas City. The Bambi is one of those small town classics, all knotty pine and neat as a pin. I didn't call for a reservation until 3:30, and an hour later they were sold out. Several rooms were taken by a group of bikers who were quiet as mice. Pleasant place. The owner told me he and his wife bought a house six months ago, a bank repo, five years old, three bedrooms, two baths, in good condition, on eight acres out in the country — for $32,000. With the first time home buyer tax credit, the actual price was about $27,000. Clearly, I could be doing what I'm doing for a lot less. I just couldn't do it the way I want to do it, where I want to do it. Oh, well....
Today I work with Presque Isle Electric, and tomorrow is Bank Day. Then things could start happening pretty fast. The game is afoot! •••
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment