I'm posting this time from the Presque Isle Library. It's my first time here, and I'm delighted to find that I can get online. The connection is a bit pokey. Nearly a dozen others working on their computers or the Library's, so I'm sharing bandwidth. I tried to join the Library, but lacking official documentation showing my local address, I was rebuffed. I suppose they don't want any undocumented aliens using their facility.
Thus far on this visit I have been remarkably lazy. Yesterday I did some shopping in Rogers City, took a nap, went swimming at my property, and had a pizza for dinner. Oh, yes, I also wrote my sermon for tomorrow's Eucharist at Grace, Long Rapids. This afternoon I'm going to the Senior Warden's home for his daughter's graduation party and, I expect, an extended interview with Grace parishioners. Then this evening I'll join the Paltelkys at the annual Presque Isle Ice Cream Social on the lawn across the street from the Library. The schedule one keeps in retirement is remarkably demanding. •••
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment