Saturday, July 24, 2010
Headin' North Again
I'm leaving for the North tomorrow. With tree-cutting scheduled to start on Monday, I have to mark the "keepers" for Tom, which will actually be rather few. I have to stake out where the electrical line will terminate once Presque Isle Electric and Gas Coop runs power onto the lot. And I'm checking to see if out-of-town building crews might use Camp Chickagami while they are up here. That would put the builders just a few hundred feet from the site, rather than a half-hour away in some Alpena or Rogers City motel; and it could provide helpful income for the Camp.
Here are some photos of the lake across the years:
Camp Chick waterfront, probably 1929
Sunrise in the 1960s
The Camp Office, now Johnson-Kauffman, in the 1960s
Sunset, Summer 2010, with my property about dead center in the photo
I look forward to getting back there. •••
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment