Wednesday, July 28, 2010

From the Coffee Shop

I'm back at Cabin Creek Coffee in Alpena, checking mail and blogging for a few minutes.  There's a lot going on here.  Tom and Dean, the woodsmen, have been cutting down trees on my lot since Monday.  They expected to get rained out today, but the storm passed south of us during the night and they are back at work today.  What a change these men have wrought in a short time!  The lot has suddenly become quite sunny.  And I have a monster of a woodpile to deal with, not to mention several large piles of brush.  I'll post photos when I get back to Grand Haven next weekend.

Kyle and Dave, the contractors I expect I'll use, will arrive in a couple hours.  I'll give them a tour of the building site and then we'll talk through some of the details of the project.  I expect they will want to talk with subs and suppliers in this area, too.

I'm quite excited to see movement after so many months idling in neutral.  There are still several hoops to jump through before we can break ground — closing on the construction loan chief among them — but this is so much better than what's not been happening for the past several months! •••

1 comment:

  1. John,
    How exciting to have progress moving forward!.. Look forward to seeing photos.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete