Monday, July 26, 2010

The First Step

I'm writing this from a coffee shop in Alpena, since the Presque Isle Library is closed on Mondays.  The Library shuts off their "hot spot" system at night and on weekends, probably to keep teens from sitting in the parking lot and cruising naughty web sites.

Today, July 26, probably ought to be classified as the first day of construction.  The trees are being cleared from Lot 4 as I write this.  Tom and his helper arrived about 8:30 and immediately got to work felling trees.  I will go back to the site as soon as I'm finished with this post and make myself useful — which probably means just staying out of the way!  Big pieces of wood, suitable for a wood stove or outdoor fire, will be piled on Lot 5.  Branches and other small stuff will be piled in 3-4 locations to await a chipper.  I'll use the chips for landscaping when construction is finished.

I told Tom that some folks from Camp Chickagami might show up, curious about what's going on.  I told him to assure them it's my trees, not theirs, that he's cutting! •••

No comments:

Post a Comment