Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Heating Issues

This week we expect our first serious blast of arctic air.  Normally, I'd just thumb my nose at the thermometer and throw another log into the wood stove.  But not this year!  As I noted in a recent post, my wood stove is out of commission.  When the heating company in Alpena failed to respond, I finally made a scene and got their attention.  With luck my stove will be operating again next Monday, when they come to work on it.

Meanwhile, my hot water heating system seems sluggish.  Over the past couple years I have been impressed by how quickly it could raise the heat in the house.  However, since the above-mentioned heating company's service person conducted his annual inspection, and fiddled with the boiler's innards, that responsiveness is no longer in evidence.  This morning I kept track of how quickly it raised my room temperature:

• 5:30 — 63º
• 6:15 — 64º
• 6:30 — 65º
• 6:45 — 66º
• 7:00 — 66º
• 7:35 — 68º

Two hours to raise the temperature 5 degrees?  That doesn't seem right.  So now I have to do some troubleshooting. •••

No comments:

Post a Comment