This fall I want to get concrete work done at the front and side entrances to the house. The existing wood steps have too high a rise, and a handrail would be helpful, especially in snow season. I'll start checking on ready mix sources today.
 |
| The yard needs landscaping! |
I also have to start thinking through plans for landscaping the back yard — or front yard, if you count the lake side as front. The part just off the porch might be surfaced with pavers or with flagstone. If flagstone is used, the spaces between could be planted with low-growing ground cover that doesn't mind being walked on. I would probably have to build a low wall near the drop-off to the lake in order to level the area.
This could be an expensive project. Both pavers and flagstone are costly. It's also a strong-back kind of project. I'll have to decide if my back will take it. If not, I may have to hire it done. And that would make it very pricey indeed!
I also want to build a couple raised garden beds for use in veggie gardening next year. Given the size of my car, the beds would probably be not more than six feet long. That's about as long a board as I can haul home! And my raised beds would probably look as ramshackle as the ones in this photo!
 |
| Raised beds will let me garden in soil, not stones! |
In any case, a garden bed would make it possible to grow tomatoes.
Real tomatoes! •••
No comments:
Post a Comment