My daylily patch is finally running out of gas. The photo below shows how it looked three days ago. Today only a couple plants are blooming.
Fallen Leaves, the yellow-orange specimen in the center, is a late season bloomer and still has about a dozen flowers to go (photo at Aug. 15 post). The others are mostly played out. But I'll have bloom through the first week of September! That is about as late as I've ever seen daylilies in bloom!
 |
| The daylily patch on August 28th. |
The performance of these plants has been excellent. Flowers have been abundant for the first season after planting, and next year the plants should be considerably more prolific. I had planned to move three of these, to avoid having them crushed by the guy who does the upstairs windows, but I will put off replanting until early spring. I don't think the plants would have enough time to settle in before frost.
 |
| Dominic |
 |
| Minnesota Morning |
 |
| Prize Picotee Deluxe |
 |
| Omomuki |
 |
| White Zone |
.JPG) |
| Cranberry Cove |
My new daylilies (see photos above) seem to be settling in. All are showing green growth. If we have typical fall weather — no freezing temperatures until November — then they should be well rooted, happy, and ready for action in 2014. •••
No comments:
Post a Comment