Yesterday's storm brought Presque Isle about half-a-foot of snow, and perhaps a bit more in some areas. However, we did not get the gale-force winds NOAA predicted (it's blowing at about 26 mph at the moment), so there doesn't seem to be much drifting. A chance of snow is predicted for today, but at the moment we have clear skies and bright sun. The sunshine will do some "shoveling" for us.
Richard arrived about 8:30 this morning to clear my driveway. His four-year-old John Deere tractor makes short work of my place. At some point I might consider a snowblower. For now, however, I'm happy to have Richard take care of this chore and spare me the small engine care-and-feeding that comes with a blower.
 |
| Richard opens up my driveway. |
 |
| He keeps his tractor busy doing about 15 drives in the area. |
The county is busy plowing main roads at the moment. Kauffman hasn't been cleared yet, but a plow should be along sometime this afternoon. Richard is kind enough to clear snow from the shoulder for about 30 feet north of my drive. That way, when the plow comes by, it doesn't fill in the driveway entrance.
With snow decorating the trees, Kauffman Blvd. is very picturesque. Wind and sun will take care of that before long. For now it's a lovely day to be out and about on cross-country skis or a snowmobile!
 |
On Kauffman, looking toward the cemetery — and waiting
for the county plow to come by. |
As I turned around after taking the photo above, I found the bald eagle mentioned in an earlier post circling high overhead, looking for lunch. It's moments like this which make me wish I had a better camera, with a heavy telephoto lens and a better manual focus mode. But here's my eagle friend, a bit blurry but very handsome!
 |
| The bald eagle loiters over Kauffman, looking for prey. |
 |
| What a graceful flyer — a real joy to watch! |
Meanwhile, I'm burning my way through my split wood. I think I have enough to last through March, especially with such warm winter weather. •••
No comments:
Post a Comment