Friday, February 24, 2012

Snow!

We're getting some snow for a change!  About 2-3 inches have fallen since about 7:00 this morning, and it's supposed to continue through tonight.  The winter storm warning tells us:


THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHERN LOWER MICHIGAN...
EASTERN UPPER MICHIGAN...AND ADJACENT NEARSHORE WATERS OF LAKE
MICHIGAN...LAKE HURON AND LAKE SUPERIOR.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

HEAVY SNOW WILL RESULT IN SEVERAL INCHES OF ACCUMULATION OVER
PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST LOWER MICHIGAN THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. MOST OF
THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY HAS BEEN UPGRADED TO A WINTER STORM
WARNING. PLEASE SEE THE WARNING/ADVISORY FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

A PERIOD OF NORTHERLY GALE FORCE WINDS WILL OCCUR TODAY AND THIS
EVENING ON THE NEARSHORE WATERS OF LAKE HURON...FROM PRESQUE ISLE
LIGHT TO ALABASTER.


I'm not sure what portion of northern Michigan will get the greatest snowfall.  I've checked several towns and almost all are forecast to get just a couple inches, with heavier accumulation in southeast Michigan.

The trees are beautiful.  I'll try to get some photos later in the day. •••

2 comments:

  1. We have about 4-5 inches of the white stuff over here and it has been pretty....but sunshine predicted for later today, so it will probably all melt. I know many people love the winter, but this one has been just fine with me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We picked up a bit more here in Presque Isle. I complain about the lack of snow, but it's been pleasant not having to dig out every other day. And I should be careful what I pray for!

    ReplyDelete