Lake Esau is starting to freeze over. I'm told the south end of the lake is still largely open. Being more shallow, I assume the water warms up on a sunny day like today. Up here at the north end, we're about 60% iced at this time — but it's just a skim coat now, nothing to walk on yet. That will take a few more weeks.
 |
| Lake Esau is starting its annual freeze-over. |
 |
| The Camp Chick Boathouse in the distance. |
 |
| The ice is quite thin at this point. |
Today I did more firewood-splitting, but now I'm finished for the season. Attila thinks I have enough for this year and part of next winter. I doubt it. This softwood burns quickly. The "working stack" on the front porch is probably enough for four days, perhaps five at most. At that rate, I should go through all the wood I've processed thus far.
 |
| Wood on the porch is convenient on chilly mornings! |
Finally, I've tried to set up a Picasa web photo album to make available the photos I took during the Olde Fashioned Christmas. However, being all thumbs in the techno department, this chore has proved very frustrating. So, tonight, I started a Facebook page and loaded some photos on there. Feel free to search Facebook for
Olde Fashioned Christmas 2011 Photos, or
Presque Isle (MI) Community Events. If you can access the photos, let me know! Thanks! •••
No comments:
Post a Comment