![]() |
| Late Summer Display (From Netta's web site) |
This morning I stopped at Netta's, a nursery south of Posen, and chatted with a member of their staff about landscaping for the house. He asked me to bring him a diagram of the buildings and property, dimensions, sun exposure, etc. They will use this information to develop a landscape layout. My immediate concern is shrubs for the front (main entrance) side of the house, so that it looks a bit more finished. I'll do something with the sides and back later on.
I also want to plant some screening vegetation along the road. This will be effective mostly during the summer, but will also introduce some year-round design interest into a backdrop which at present is mostly green cedars and stones. Forsythia is one option. Deer tend to feed on it in the spring, but leave it alone the rest of the year. And Netta's has an interesting sumac with light green leaves which in autumn turn blood red. •••

No comments:
Post a Comment