I was going to do this post last night, but Google's Blogger program turned cranky. I suspect that in the early evening, everyone and his great-grandmother works on their blogs.
A couple nights ago I rummaged through my photo files and noted where the construction project was on September 27-28, 2010. What a difference a year makes!
To summarize: In late July the lot was cleared of trees, and Dave and Kyle drove up from Grand Haven to site the house and garage. Three weeks later R.J., the excavator, and Kyle leveled the hole that would become my basement. On August 27th the footings were poured. A day or so later Jim's tools were stolen from his mason's trailer, and a Presque Isle County Deputy Sheriff arrived on August 31st to investigate. (I heard later that some tools had been recovered, but Jim says nothing has turned up.) By September 21st the basement walls had been laid and the first steel beam had been installed in the basement. A week later — September 27th — the crew was building the exterior walls for the first floor, and the masons were laying up my interior block wall. The next day the steel beam which supports the second floor was muscled into place, scaring the daylights out of just about everyone!
 |
| 9/27/10 — Jim's crew lays up the block wall in the living room. |
 |
| 9/27 — R.J. spreads sand for the garage's concrete pad. |
 |
| 9/27 — Kyle, Dave and the crew place the stairwell's exterior wall. |
I'm not sure if anyone is really interested in this retrospective, but it's an opportunity to use a few photos not posted previously!
 |
| 9/28/10 — The second steel beam is in place. |
 |
| 9/28 — Now what do we do? |
Note, too, that we were blessed with fantastic fall weather. •••
No comments:
Post a Comment