Today is the fifth day of retirement. Saturday is when I usually put the week's thoughts about the sermon into final form. But I won't be preaching tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'll do with today! Maybe go to the movies....
I'm having the house re-estimated by a couple more contractors. People say building a house always costs more than you anticipated, and that seems to be the case here. However, "due diligence" requires that I test the figures I've gotten thus far. If changes have to be made to my plan, it's far better to make them now, before construction starts, rather than later.
Meanwhile, I'm hauling stuff back to storage in Detroit — two trips this week, and a couple more next week. Now that I no longer have a parish office, the books, wall art, and all the rest have to go somewhere other than the middle of my apartment's living room! •••
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment