![]() |
| Snow sticks to the living room windows during yesterday's storm. |
I have used up approximately one face cord of firewood thus far. These softwoods burn quickly, so I go through the "working supply" on the front porch in about 4-5 days. This morning I started shoveling my way to the main firewood supply, because it's time to restock the porch rack.
![]() |
| The main stock of firewood, adrift south of the house. |
![]() |
| This is the wood I'm using now. The large bin in front will be about half-gone in another week or so. |
Happily, I've made arrangements with Richard, a neighbor on Kauffman, to handle snow removal. He has a small but beefy John Deere tractor fitted with a large snow thrower. Richard cleans out my driveway in about 15 minutes, and charges me $5 less "per push" than the guy who did it last year. In addition, since he has only eight customers, he plows me out quickly, whereas last year I had to wait 1-2 days for the plowman to get around to me.
One year ago, January 18, 2011, Kyle and Dave were installing the interior trim, cutting wood in the "workshop" in the kitchen and then nailing it in place, e.g., in the upstairs hallway.





No comments:
Post a Comment