Gillian and Paul stopped at Presque Isle yesterday on their way to the cottage in Wisconsin. They arrived mid-afternoon and I treated them to a tour of the house. Gillian seemed very taken with the first floor guest bedroom, which is currently awash in boxes, but will someday soon be a real bedroom. After chatting over iced tea on the porch for an hour or so, I took Gill and Paul on a quick tour of Presque Isle Community and the lighthouses. We had a very satisfactory dinner at the Portage Restaurant, and then enjoyed ice cream cones from the Portage Store while watching the sun set over North Bay. Then Gill and Paul headed into Alpena for the night (the Days Inn accepts guests with dogs).
Gillian and Paul were most thoughtful in bringing along corn on the cob (my first this year), an excellent bread from a new bakery in Spring Lake (which I enjoyed for breakfast this morning), and most especially, a large box of Grand Haven blueberries! They are now frozen and will be consumed with care and joy over the next several months.
The weather being cool and sunny this morning, I spent a couple hours splitting wood. Last night's temperature dropped to 52 degrees! Autumn has definitely thrust her nose under the tent flap! •••
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment