We had a strong storm come through yesterday afternoon. It didn't last very long, perhaps an hour, but it was nasty enough to shut down the work site. As of 5:00 we had the deck — the ground floor — nearly finished, and this morning the crew was busy starting the first wall (the south wall of the ground floor bedroom and bath).
 |
| Late yesterday the deck was nearly complete... |
J.R. came back yesterday to enlarge the hole for the garage footings. Jim's crew was hard at work this morning building the frames. As I drove down Grand Lake Road I passed a cement truck — which I assume was headed for the work site — and I expect that the footings have now been poured.
 |
| ...and the garage hole was ready for the footings. |
Meanwhile, I've been to Thunder Bay Block to select the cement block we will use for the masonry wall on the first floor. I've chosen two split faced blocks, one for the living room and another for the bedroom and hallway. These are in stock, ready for delivery. •••
No comments:
Post a Comment