Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Thirteen Days
Just thirteen days remain until I retire. I am very aware of what I will miss when I leave St. John's. Most especially I will miss the excellent Monday Noon Bible Study led by the Rev. Kathryn Roberts, our Theologian in Residence. For the past several weeks Kathryn has patiently helped us explore the main issues in Genesis, such as the sovereignty of God and the Divine's preference for the "second son." She has also helped us see how various stories have been reworked by successive editors to make their theological points. Poor falsely maligned Esau is a great example. He got done wrong by his Mom and brother Jacob! Since I'll be living on Lake Esau, I'm glad I've gotten to know him better!
Last night was also my last Vestry meeting. I and St. John's have been blessed with calm, thoughtful, faithful parish leaders these past two years. St. John's new Rector will have a good group of people to work with! •••
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment