Monday, August 4, 2014

Pretty!

Here's a tour of the Daylily Patch.  The plants put in during the summer of 2012 — the first five below — are coming along nicely, as are the cultivars I planted in 2013.  This year's plantings are still small, and a couple are putting up only one or two scapes (flower stalks).  After a season to settle in, they should start making good progress next season.  It normally takes three seasons before a daylily hits its stride.  It may take longer here, because the soil is not the best.

Love Conquers All
Embers of Vesuvius
Beyond Thunderdome
Gentle Rose
White Perfection
Prize Picotee Deluxe (planted 2013)
I have room for another six or eight plants in the Patch as it is presently configured.  That's enough space for one more season.  Then I will have to develop a new bed! •••

No comments:

Post a Comment