Weather statistics are for a region, and don't necessarily reflect local experience. This morning the NOAA weather office at Gaylord reported that yesterday's snowfall was just shy of 2 inches. However, here at Presque Isle, we easily picked up 6 inches on Saturday afternoon and evening, and then another 6 inches on Sunday.
 |
| The firewood supply, and I'm going through it quickly! |
 |
| The main woodpile is in here somewhere. |
Rich came at 6:30 a.m. yesterday to plow me out so I could get to church on time. The snow had stopped about 5:30 — after dropping half-a-foot — but started again about 9:00 and continued until dinnertime. It's hard to measure snowfall at my house, because the wind blows the snow down the driveway. But I think a foot is a fair call for this system. Rich said there was a 12 mile deep area approximately from Cheboygan to just north of Alpena which got hammered with lake effect snow. It didn't fall heavily, just continuously!
This is small potatoes compared to other parts of the country. And happily, this was a dry snow which proved easy to shovel. I quickly shoveled my way to the firewood supply and restocked the logs I keep at the front door. We're supposed to get more snow this evening.
This morning, after doing the driveway, Rich took care of his other Kauffman customers. Then, as he headed home, he dropped his blade and plowed a path on Kauffman out to E. Grand Lake Road, so that his friends could get out of their homes (I drove up to Rogers City). That was a great blessing, since the county plow didn't clear the road until about 2:00 this afternoon. Presque Isle is like that — so many thoughtful, helpful people. •••
No comments:
Post a Comment